The Mountains Won't Remember Me : Kashmir Diaries Part 5

Day 5(10 May 2012):

This was the day when it was time to say goodbye to this wonderful trip, on 10th morning we enjoyed the shikhara ride on Dal Lake, there were hawkers selling stuff like saffron, apples and nuts on shikhara. This was such a different market and it was so beautiful, I could see fishes and water flowers there in the lake. I was just resting enjoying the view and peace. After that, we packed our stuff and we left for the airport and flew back to Delhi. 

 

You know you've that favourite song, you say that to your friend and you both listen to it and you expect your friend to love it as much as you do. That's what this Kashmir trip was like for me. There's something in these valleys, there's something in these lakes that reminds me why I am here and why am I alive.People always ask me if I ever get bored travelling in the mountains. Well, I think you already know the answer. 

This trip said a lot to me, those beautiful views and mountains were so relaxing and new for me. There was too much for me to absorb from this trip. People come and go, I don't know how many of them get the peace and happiness out of it. I just want to enjoy that trip again and witness that beauty again. I just still remember the mountains who gave me that pure peace. All of that calls me back to it, asks me to leave everything and just pack all of my stuff and head again on a marvellous journey, dwelling into nature, learning new things and exploring new places and souls.

Well, I've already headed to another journey by the time you're reading this.
In the mountains, asking them do they still remember me?

 


Comments

  1. i have also witnessed this heavenly beautiful city Kashmir i was very small like i was 8 years old...it was my best memory that we celebrated my birthday in water that is in dal lake....i loved kashmir alot and it is true that mountains are really beautiful and give you peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that this refreshed your lovely memories :)

      Delete

Post a Comment