Ink Of Life: Hidden Talent Kept Hidden #1

A quick disclaimer, all the contents of this blog are my life observations and thoughts. Thus, I'm pointing no one in person or, I'm not criticizing anyone, it's just my point of view. Different readers may have different thoughts on some particular discussions and I completely respect that.

Aren't we all told that enhance your personality and work hard don't think about success, success will come to you if you are hardworking and honest. Ummm true, very true indeed but sometimes, I feel like asking people who say so, that what is the definition of success for them, I don't know but I feel only the outer performance matters in a society, especially in our country. 

I witness this every day, and I guess I will do so until a sick mentality is not cured and that is the people around us who just believe certification and qualification, not a real talent. For a very simple example, we all are told someday that, marks never matter, and I'm very sure we all realize that it's just a very plain simple LIE, marks do matter and will matter until we just don't change this intrinsic thought of ours. Ask yourself, somewhere in our day to day life we do judge people based on their certifications and qualifications, and I know that is not your fault not even mine. Frankly, that is no one's fault. Then, HOW and WHY are we carrying a mentality like this?

I just find this so funny that, my every day to day conservation with general people ends on marks or grades because in our country no matter what so ever your interest is, you have to be good, ummm.....no maybe best in studies and by studies, I mean academics. We all are blindly following grades, knowing that this would just lead us to a 9-5 job whether we are willing to that or not. Okay, now some people just have the aim of getting a normal job but everyone is not the same and we should respect everyone's choices right? NO, because we landed in such a place where only those choices are respected which are right according to other people. Okay, so let us tone this down, you will easily notice that you are supported and encouraged more willingly when you go and opt for something that you are expected to do, not that you wish to do. 

Now you must be wondering, Oh girl what's new in this?                                            I'll tell you what's new and disheartening, Now you and I, are someone enough mature to understand that, something is messed up, not only with us but with everyone else. But what if, someone aged around 10-12 face this,  I'll tell you what happens:

Moving back in time when I guess, I was in class 5th or 6th, I remember there was some quiz competition organized by some nearby local school and we were asked to prepare because a team from our school was participating. So, I am someone who loves taking part in quiz sort of competitions and I had a lot of experience of participating in such competitions. I rigorously started preparing, I  assumed the obvious that, there would be some screening for the selection of the team. I worked very hard for that screening but suddenly we were informed that the selection would be through our marks or grades that we obtained in our last unit test. I just never understood this illogical basis of screening, they never considered knowledge, interest, experience and hard work, what mattered at the end of the day were grades.                        

Being a 10-12 year old, it was hard for me to process because I worked hard but I was not even considered. One of my friends got selected for the team whereas, she was nowhere interested in this quiz and I know this because I was a close friend of her. What was worse, I wasn't even allowed to witness the quiz and this broke me too much, and I was young to understand the reality. So, this was some part and I suddenly lost interest in taking part in school activities and stuff, because somehow I knew that my marks mattered, nowhere my hard work and interest.

I don't know how many young talents, are not acknowledged for the talent they have, and most of the time, their talents get degraded because they are not given an opportunity, and to be very honest here, they even get opportunities but these opportunities are apparently snatched from them. 

Let me tell you, days aren't far when sports screening will also be based on your unit test grades!

Comments

  1. It's just so real , beautiful write up ! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This exactly what we are facing nowadays on the basis of our grades and sometimes apperance also we are judged at every moment nowadays it does not matter who s ward you are whether a teachers ward or something else...It is said that teachers ward are given special treatment but i dont think it is true in my case and in my friends case also...Our schools are very much impartial to us....but still we never complain about it as it does not matter us anymore...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally feel you girl, and now after all this years I just understood that we just have to accept this and keep going, this won't matter that much later. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment